Content marketing is not simply a recommended strategy – it is a non-negotiable effort that all entrepreneurs need to be employing.
1. It starts with creating content that your target audience wants or needs. Your mission is to entertain, educate or inspire. List out what your audience needs and your answers to those questions, pain points, problems or desires.
2. Each week create a cornerstone piece of content. This is a longer piece of content such as an article, podcast or video feature. Each week just pick a new topic to dive into.
3. With that complete, break it into a bunch of smaller bits to distribute on the rest of your channels throughout the week. You can pull quotes out from your podcast to create a quote tile with, you can isolate a portion of your video for an Instagram post, etc. This is how content creation becomes both efficient and omnipotent.
4. Lean into your strengths. If you’re a great speaker, start a podcast. If you are a good writer, then blog. If you are skilled on camera, start a video series.
5. For SEO purposes, title your content exactly what your target audience would search for. This will help your content come up in search results as well as get opened or consumed as it hits upon what your clients are wanting or needing.
6. If you’re hosting content on your site (ie podcast/video/blog) it can create a long tail of content that can drive web traffic to you indefinitely. I still get website visitors from blogs I wrote a decade ago. The more you create the more open doors you have on your website, the more opportunities for your site to be found.
7. Have your content point back to your digital headquarters, most likely your website or a landing/sales page.
This approach is how a single piece of content can be repurposed across all of your channels and platforms to guide your audience back to your site and into your sales funnel.
Content marketing builds trust, delivers value, positions you as the expert and develops reciprocity with your audience. All of this helping you generate more leads for more sales.