Photographing Print and Online Features that get Your Publication Noticed
Photographing editorial projects is all about storytelling. This is an opportunity for a photographer to create and share their most personal work while still achieving the publication’s goals.
Arizona-based photographer James Patrick is an award-winning and internationally-published visual storyteller with more than a decade of diverse experience in creating vibrant and creative covers and editorial spreads for both magazines and newspapers.
As a strong benefit to his clients, James has an extensive background in publishing previously working as a section editor and photo editor for multiple magazines and newspapers. This experience provides him with an intimate understanding of publishing cycles, quick turn-around times and congruent deadlines. James’ goal with all of his publishing clients is to work as a seamless extension of the publication’s staff. He works fluently with creative or art directors, photo editors, staff writers, section editors, senior editors, designers, editor in chiefs as well as the publishers.
Although his specialty is in the fields of the health and fitness industries, it is not his sole focus. James has successfully worked with publishing clients photographing fashion, glamour, casual and business portraits, still life products, exterior commercial and residential architecture, events and more. He has a unique ability to cover multiple genres with his work.
Benefits of Hiring James Patrick for your Magazine Covers & Layouts
- With a BA in Journalism, James Patrick understands the importance of story and integrates this into his photographic works.
- Ability to handle multiple deadlines at once.
- James and his team provide on-set coaching to subjects on camera to help them feel comfortable regardless of their skill level.
- James’ ability to photograph captivating images for newspapers and magazines has yielded multiple awards including several ADDY Awards for color photography.
- James Patrick Photography has a high repeat publishing client percentage because of the ability to help publications meet their objectives while crafting unique and creative imagery that gets picked up by readers.