In this episode, I was sitting in my office by myself on Monday morning when Instagram and Facebook had been down all day. It’s only when things like this happen that I actually notice how often I subconsciously will go on my phone to open the app.
I was looking online, doing what people do, when Instagram or Facebook go down; starting looking on Twitter and Google. I went online to Down Detector and was reading about how his was their biggest outage in 13 years.
My first thought is, “Well, crap. I just wrote out and planned my week’s worth of Instagram content. I just dropped a new podcast that I think is important, if only I could post about this. Oh wait, I CAN!”
“You need to get the connections you have with your audience off of social media.”
IN THIS EPISODE
- How important it is to not have to rely on Instagram or Facebook to reach your audience.
- Why lists of your audience that you own matter.
- Focusing on building your own lists.
- Creating incentives that have value to get your audience to sign up to your lists.
- The importance of specificity in your offers.
- Factors that play a role in having a great lead magnet.
- Using this time wisely.
If you’re still not on my text thread, text me at 408-605-3254. This is a great way to connect with me and ask me any questions you have!
Share this podcast with a friend and remember to leave a 5-star review!
For more, visit jamespatrick.com