Today, we’re talking about one of my favorite topics, the importance and value of earned media, of getting published and leveraging media to grow your brand awareness, credibility, and to amplify your business.
I get to chat with Jana Short. She is the founder, publisher, and editor in chief of Best Holistic Life Magazine. In just under two years, her publication has grown a readership of over 250,000!
IN THIS EPISODE
- Jana’s journey to where she is today.
- The power of inspiring through stories and educating through stories.
- All about the QR code and how effective it is to build connection in print copy.
- Collaborating with other people and companies.
- Why getting published shouldn’t be your end goal, it should be the start of your next goal.
- Having both mindset and strategy and what the correct amounts are.
- What not to do and what to do when working with editors.
- The importance of sharing all your social channels with publications.
- Being ready for growth when it comes and making sure you have a nurturing system set up.
- Video content in an authentic way and why it’s so powerful.
“You have to find a way to reach your hand through that digital screen and say, ‘hello I am’ and start connecting with them. They won’t forget you.”
Connect with Jana
Get a FREE subscription to Jana’s magazine: Best Holistic Life
Share this podcast with a friend and remember to leave a 5-star review!
For more, visit jamespatrick.com