For today’s episode, we are dipping back into our archives. In fact, this is an interview I did back in 2017 with Katelyn Swallow. If that name rings a bell, it’s because she’s been attending FITposium and on our panels for years now; every year since 2017. She is currently the editor of Strong Fitness Magazine in Australia. But, at the time of this interview, she was the editor of Women’s Health and Fitness Magazine.
So much of what we talk about is so important for entrepreneurs to know about leveraging media outlets to grow their brand awareness, visibility, credibility and generate more leads.
PSA! We are doing a cover search right now for the cover of Portfolio Magazine, but only for those who register for FITposium 2021. Register HERE.
IN THIS EPISODE
- Katelyn’s background and how she got to where she is.
“Knowledge applied is power.”
- The importance of working hard and continuing to learn.
- Doing what it takes to get where you want to be.
- Why genuine content makes a difference.
- Aligning with the values of the magazine you are looking to work with.
- The truth behind photos in magazines.
- Why the quality and relevance of your images in proposals need to be up to par and align with the values of the magazine.
- You need 3-4 sentences that can explain your brand clearly.
- Don’t be afraid to do a lot of things for free at the beginning of your journey.
“Find your niche, differentiate yourself, earn the attention.”
Connect with Katelyn
Share this podcast with a friend and remember to leave a 5-star review!
For more, visit jamespatrick.com