We have a special episode for you today. As we were going back through our archives, I found this interview with Shannon Fable back in 2019 for a separate podcast that I used to run called the FITposium podcast. As I was re-listening to this interview, I realized this was such an in depth, powerful interview about marketing and how we chose to market our brand and services, I knew I needed to share this with you. So, let’s dive in.
Shannon Fable is a fitness business consultant and serves as chair of the board for American Council on Exercise’s (ACE). Shannon focuses on business development with fitness brands; she helps them dig into where they want to go, who they think their target market is, and help them develop a strategic plan on how to get there.
IN THIS EPISODE
- How the fitness and health industry has changed in the last 3-5 years.
- The importance of working from an abundance mentality in this industry.
- Earning the attention of the audience you’re trying to connect with correctly.
- Realizing that marketing doesn’t get you clients, it gets you awareness.
- Why having patience in the sales cycle is key.
“When their (the customer’s) level of trust lines up with the value they’re putting on what you’re doing, then they will buy.”
- Not being afraid to give, give, give, and give in order to build relationships.
- Why content marketing is crucial.
- To stop selling out of your own pocket.
- What to do differently when price is an objection.
- Why you need to set up a business and offer a variety of services/products.
- The 3 things you can always monetize:
- A digital product for passive income
- A group product
- A one-on-one coaching product
- Are you a freelancer or an entrepreneur?
- How and why you need to get really clear about what you want.
“If you’re not willing to give away your information without fear that giving it away will steal from your potential to monetize what you know, you are not going to make it in this business because people can get that information somewhere else.”
Connect with Shannon:
Share this podcast with a friend and remember to leave a 5-star review!
BIG NEWS! We have re-opened the Get Amped Mastermind.
A little about the Mastermind:
- Brings together entrepreneurs to connect and support each other.
- Dozens of entrepreneurs have 4x, 6x, 10x their income since being a part of the mastermind.
- It’s a brand new and revamped mastermind.
- A deep dive, strategy session with me followed by 6 months of focused and efficient work with monthly meetings to do work
- A photoshoot with me so I can help you build marketing materials for your brand and business development.
- Real work to focus on reaching results.
Apply at getampedmastermind.com or text me at 408-605-3254 and book a free discovery call with me so we can chat about your goals and see how I can support you.